This program prepares international graduates for an exciting career in Canada’s Hospitality and Tourism industry. Students develop the specialized skills, industry specific knowledge and customer service-based abilities required to start or further their careers in the food and beverage, accommodations, recreation and entertainment, transportation, or travel services sectors within the tourism industry.
Why does our program rate above others in the hospitality student experience?
- Student-centered curriculum ensures active, engaging and applied learning opportunities
- Transferable skill development opens doors to all areas of the tourism industry and beyond
- Strong foundation in cultural intelligence that allows graduates to develop products and services for guests from around the world
- Opportunity for paid, one term co-op experience
Organizational and personal leadership skills development allow for individual brand growth and advancement of a career plan.
Students entering this program are entering a Mobile Learning - Class+ Experience program. The Class+ Experience is exclusive to Lambton College, where technology inspires learning. Mobile devices allow students to experience learning both inside and outside the classroom, integrating educational apps and tools into class activities. See device requirements.
Recognized by Apple as a distinguished program for
innovation, leadership, and educational excellence.
A college diploma, university degree or equivalent experience in a business setting is required.The admissions process is competitive and meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee admission.
English Language Requirements
IELTS (International English Language Testing Score) of 6.0
- or -
IELTS of 5.5 + Completion of EAP-3106 (English for Academic Purposes) during first semester of study.
Passed Lambton Institute of English placement test
Meeting the minimum English requirements does not guarantee admission. Students with higher English proficiency scores will receive priority in the admission assessment process.
Graduates of this program will have the skills and knowledge required to assume front-line and supervisory positions in the hospitality industry including: resort/hotel sales, convention centre services, food and beverage establishments, festival/special event management, tourism bureaus, meeting/facility planning and administration.
For more information about post-graduate work eligibility for international students, please review the Post-Graduate Work Permit Program information.
Students in the Hospitality program will be given the opportunity to achieve these nationally recognized certifications:
- SmartServe Ontario
- TrainCan Food Safety Service
- American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) - Planning and Control for Food and Beverage Operations
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Standard Training
The test fees for two of these certificates are not included in the program tuition. Students are required to pay these fees separately (approximately $75).