April 19, 2017 - Lambton College to host Return to Learn information session for adult learners
April 13, 2017
SARNIA, April 13, 2017 – A new career path could be waiting for you at Lambton College, and the process could be faster – and more affordable – than you think.
On Wednesday, April 19, Lambton College will be hosting a Return to Learn session featuring services and information tailored toward adult learners. The drop-in style event will run from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the G Hall Lounge and guests considering a Lambton College program for September will have the opportunity to chat with representatives from a variety of services and consult with faculty from various programs.
“This event will be especially informative for adult learners to gather information on program options as well as learn more about potential free tuition opportunities,” says Cindy Buchanan, Senior Director, Marketing, Communications & Brand Management.
Some highlights of the event that might be of interest to adult learners include:
- Apply to Lambton College on-the-spot. The Lambton College Enrolment team will be available to assist all guests with the application process during the event.
- Learn more about changes to the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) and find out if you qualify for free tuition. The latest updates have been designed to ensure that non-repayable grant funding exceeds tuition fees and also allows adult learners to qualify for more grants so they can go back to school to upgrade their skills.
- Representatives from Lambton College’s Academic Upgrading department will be available to assist students who might be missing college prerequisites. Academic Upgrading is a free service that allows students to upgrade their academic skills in order to meet college program admission requirements.
- Learn more about preparatory programs such as Pre-Health Sciences, Pre-Service Firefighter Education & Training and Pre-Trades & Technology. These eight-month programs are designed to help adult learners gain the skills and pre-requisites required to succeed in a full-time diploma program.
- Apply previous post-secondary credits towards a Lambton College program. Transfer agreements provide an opportunity for students to transfer to Lambton College from another institution, while applying previous credits towards a new program.
For a complete listing of all program offerings, please visit lambtoncollege.ca/programs.
Can’t attend a Return to Learn information session? Connect with our Enrolment team via the online chat feature available at lambtoncollege.ca.
For more information about Lambton College, or to book a personal tour, please call 519-541-2403 or email email@example.com.
For media inquiries or more information:
Corporate Communications Coordinator
Telephone: 519-542-7751 ext. 3337